Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Kind of dogs I like

Check out this profile of Russ Bybee on the Yukon Quest website: Russ Bybee

I assume that dog on the right is Chester, which he describes as an 80 lb lead dog. I think that is awesome. Most racing dogs are 40-50 lbs, 60 tops. That is my kind of dog. Big husky looking alaskans.
The Denali Ranger dogs look like this. Big long legged thick coated dogs. They aren't bred for looks but some are quite beautiful anyway.

Another Guy with dogs like this is Frank Turner
I think these are the best kind of dogs. Better than malamutes. These are large race tested dogs, that hearken back to Gold Rush days. So they are dogs bred to high performance standards, but still retain old fashioned qualities.

Purebred dogs like malamutes retain old fashioned genetic characteristics, but they haven't been bred for performance for many generations.

I'll be following this man in the Quest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site. We have Dog Training Tips for all types of breeds. Feel free to visit us and let us know what you think.

April 5, 2006 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home